Welcome to the Grand County Building Department! The Building Department performs building-related functions for all Grand County, including the City of Moab, Castle Valley, and all unincorporated areas of the county.
The Grand County Building Department ensures the county residences and places of business are designed and constructed to standards for safety, quality, and efficiency in accordance with the current adopted building and zoning regulations. Responsibilities include:
- Enforce adopted building codes and standards to protect life and property of those who work, live, or visit Grand County.
- Approve plans and issue permits for all new construction, additions, demolitions, remodeling, fences, retaining walls, pools, etc.
- Conduct scheduled inspections during each phase of construction
- Comply with State of Utah licensing laws for contractors, engineers, and architects
- Conduct business license inspections
- Abatement of dangerous buildings and structures
- Serve as secretary to the Building Board of Appeals